- Solve complex scaling, fail-over and networking challenges.
- Deep, working knowledge of web, database, and OS server configuration (Linux, Apache, and MySQL preferred platforms).
- Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications is plus.
- Able to work with multi Cloud service providers AWS, Azure.
- Ability to do scripting (any one of Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python etc.).
- Experience in a 24x7 hosting environment.
- Scripting experience with Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure troubleshooting.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications.
- Identify key areas for automation and optimization to enhance productivity.
- Produce written designs and documentation regarding proposed or actual cloud deployments.
- Creation of Security groups and VPC, rules, listeners, IAM/users.
- Configuring Snapshots and backup AMI and restoration of the same.
- Responsible for general health and maintenance of cloud service offerings.
- Working with CI/CD Tools Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline.
- Containerization using Kubernetes, Kops, Grafana, Istio, Service mesh.
- Along with building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, candidate must have the knowledge and experience to guide and lead the team in designing CI/CD pipelines.
- Configuration management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Subversion, Git).
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Linux Administration.
- Scripting languages (Shell, Python,Powershell, etc.).
- Cloud platform services (with preference to Google Cloud or Azure, ).
- CI/CD tools like VSTS, Git.
You are a motivated Linux/ AWS cloud engineer who is passionate about building highly resilient, scalable, and secure architectures. You will be working within a collaborative cross-functional team, building, maintaining, and supporting environments running in cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in an early adoption into cloud. You will be focused on developing new processes, building automation, and self-service enabling other teams. The cloud engineer will need to be proficient in a number of AWS services and versatile to provide support across platform, Members of this team will share on-call rotation duties to cover escalations and emergency fixes.