Modak is a fast-growing boutique data engineering company that enables enterprises manage and utilize their data landscape effectively. Modak uses machine learning (ML) techniques to transform how analytics content is prepared, consumed, and shared. Modak Nabu™ is an enterprise product that has been covered in Gartner’s “Market Guide to Data preparation 2020”. Modak Nabu™ is also recognized with the “Best in the Show” award in the Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2022.
Suggest you to go through our About Us page
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master who will be working with our dynamic DataOps team, responsible for leading and mentoring DataOps teams for timely and successful delivery of user stories, features of each sprint and planning increment. The Scrum Master will build methodologies for tracking reliability and performance issues to give teams insight on where to improve customer satisfaction and overall product quality. The development done would be carried out with cutting-edge technology and best software development practices, such as Agile/Scrum/Scaled Agile framework. In achieving that, the selected candidate will implement strong agile software development practices, and ensure the team follows it. The role involves working closely with customer IT , data, and analytical teams to plan, organize and ensure the successful delivery of client projects to schedule and quality. Working closely with on-shore and off-shore development teams, providing mentorship, technical knowledge, and direction to data engineering teams.
- B.S or M.S degree in Computing/Data/Data Science related field from top universities in US.
- 5+ years in a technology role, with at least 2 years in a Scrum Master role supporting a software product.
- Minimum 2 + years’ experience with Request Management & Incident Management.
- Experience working within Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment.
- The ideal resource needs to understand the responsibilities of development and Operation team.
- Experience with Design Sprints and/or Product Discovery tactics.
- Excellent understanding of the software development lifecycle, as well be knowledgeable of agile software development frameworks. The candidate need not be able to write code. However, will need to be able to follow technical discussions and bridge conversations between teams.
- Knowledge and experience in using modern agile management tools, such as Azure, DevOps and Confluence, is highly desired.
- Ability to partner with Product, Tech, UX and Data disciplines.
- Experience with an iterative agile methodology and use of tools like JIRA, Wiki, Git, and Jenkins.
- Understanding the fundamentals of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Ability to identify early blockers for progression of the Sprints, early planning for mitigating it and reporting the same to stakeholders to keep them honest and thereby protecting the integrity of the Sprint.
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks and help them to follow the Agile principles.
- Adaptive for change and implementing new technologies & processes.
- Should be proactive with a zeal to learn and have an inquisitive attitude.
- Demonstrate leadership, getting team together and team building capabilities.
- Experience working in DataOps, Data Engineering, Data Analytics and would be given preference.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification would be a plus.
- Agile processes (SAFe /Scrum/Kanban Etc.)
- Experience with distributed teams, in multiple time zones.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, working in collaboration with onshore and offshore teams.
- Excellent written and documentation skills.