- Increasing AI and machine learning workloads fuelled by more data
- Need to process and store any type of data to feed AI models with structured and unstructured data
- Increasing complexity of managing large-scale compute and data platforms on the cloud
- Cloud provider services to drive adoption and innovation but locks-in customer data and workloads with unforeseen costs at scale
- Lack of cloud operational expertise to manage and optimize cloud infrastructure and cost
- Regulations and compliance mandates to retain data for auditability purposes
- The financially driven to shut down legacy on-prem data centres, to realize immediate cost savings without a clear and cohesive hybrid cloud strategy.
A Top 5 US Healthcare Insurance provider, with 90k+ employees, has adopted a Cloud 3.0 strategy with multi-cloud providers and a hybrid cloud.
The client was struggling in their cloud data migration journey with Legacy ETL tools and on-premises Data Lake. Additionally, they were finding it challenging to control the costs of cloud operations due to a lack of visibility of cloud resource usage. The absence of proactive monitoring and alerting services was leading to cloud resource wastage.
The client faced the following challenges-
- Manual processes and the absence of automation for data operations
- Unclear of service level objectives and indicators
- Dependency on on-prem data lake and ETL tools impacting the speed of data orchestration and migration
- Higher data processing time with existing infrastructure
- Automated creation of monitoring dashboards
- Removing the dependency on on-prem Data Lake and legacy ELT/ETL tools
- Automation of Data pipelines to accelerate the data orchestration in the cloud
- Periodically review and monitoring of unused resources
- Automated restart of services along with RCA
- Creation of runbooks for every issue which reduces the issue resolution time by 50%
With Modak Nabu™ the enterprise client implemented Cloud 3.0- a Hybrid/Multi-cloud strategy and accelerated the data movement workflow from on-prem to the cloud. Modak Nabu™ optimized cloud operation costs and improved data operations and services.
A Top 5 US Healthcare Insurance provider recognized the following benefits:
- Cost optimization: Savings of 65% by removing unused resources from cloud providers' infrastructure
- Real-time Monitoring of all data engineering service
- Average data processing time was improved by 85% from hours to minutes
- Eliminated the dependency on legacy ELT/ETL tools
- Proactive alerting results in quicker issues resolution
- Saved time and resources by Automated Data operation
- Resolved 95%+ issues within SLA with SLI and SLO monitoring
To know more about Modak Nabu™: https://modak.com/modak-nabu-solution